We all have heard the popular saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you".
Unfortunately, this saying is not true when it comes to purchasing a vehicle, privately or from a dealer. At AutoPrice Canada, we have invested our resources to locate an independent source for vehicle history information. After researching several sources, we have come to the conclusion that a CarProof Vehicle History Report is the most complete product in the industry when it comes to accident Claim history.
I. WHAT IS CARPROOF?
CarProof® is a Canadian company that supplies vehicle history reports that contain important Canadian and U.S.-based information. CarProof provides consumers with real-time vehicle history data including lien data from across the country (with enforceable lien guarantee), verifiable odometer records, branding information (salvage, stolen, non-repairable, rebuilt, etc.), import and export records, collision estimate information as well as accident claims data from Canada’s public and private insurers. In addition to thousands of car dealers and private individuals across Canada, major vehicle manufacturers are using CarProof to support their off-lease and certified pre-owned programs. CarProof is also endorsed by insurance companies, provincial automobile associations, motor dealer councils, national auto auctions, consumer protection groups and law enforcement.
It is fair to say that everyone would like to know whether the vehicle they are considering buying has been in an accident. There are two ways that CarProof reports provide this information.
First, all CarProof reports check live (in real time) every province and territory in Canada, as well as every state in the United States through Experian Automotive, to determine if the vehicle has been registered by any jurisdiction as Salvage, Rebuilt or Non-repairable. No other vehicle history service, including Carfax, is connected live to every Province and Territory vehicle registration database in Canada. A vehicle that has one of these registration brands, in Canada or the U.S., has been in a major accident.
The other way that CarProof reports provide accident damage information is through the insurance industry in Canada. The CarProof CLAIMS report product provides accident claims data from the private insurance industry in Canada. This information includes any accident damage that has been processed by a private insurance company for claim payment. Although most car dealers and private vehicle sellers are honest, used car buyers are always better off to insist that an independent service provide information about the vehicle's history. With the information available through CarProof, a used car buyer can verify whether the seller has neglected to disclose important information about the vehicle for sale.
* CarProof was founded to access and supply important Canadian used vehicle data that is not provided by other popular U.S. based services, including Carfax.CarProof is electronically connected "live" to it’s data sources. This means that it’s data is always current and not outdated. Other services purchase data dumps periodically leaving the chance that recent important data is not included in their reports.
* CarProof Verified is the only service that provides consumers with Canadian lien and/or security interest information on vehicles. We are connected live to each provincial and territorial registrar responsible for maintaining these records. Other U.S. based services, including Carfax, do not report any Canadian vehicle lien information.
* CarProof is the only service that provides consumers with Canadian insurance and accident claims data. Through it’s live connection to comprehensive databases that service the Canadian insurance industry, CarProof provides data from 90% of Canada's private insurance industry.
* Carproof is the only service that is electronically connected to the database for each provincial and territorial Ministry of Transportation in Canada. Through it’s live connections it provides consumers with access to the same current data used by departments of motor vehicles in Canada and the U.S. Other U.S. based services, including Carfax, are not electronically connected to each Canadian province and territory
* In addition to all of the above, our reports also provide consumers with data from one of the largest U.S. based vehicle history services. Through our live connection to Experian Automotive, all of it’s reports include the data you would get from other popular U.S. based vehicle history services.